Monday, September 8, 2008

9/11 Remembered...


I caught myself having one of those "remember when" moments this afternoon and was reflecting upon the fact that for the past seven years, this week has been one which has always been near and dear to my heart.
Exactly seven years ago, I found myself, a freshman, in the middle of one of the largest and most influential cities in the world...New York City. It had always been my dream live there and as I found myself learning to adjust to college life and classes, I would soon come to find that I would be forced to endure one of the greatest tragedies and devastations our nation has ever experienced when terrorism became a haunting reality. Left with the option of transferring out of the city and to another college, I decided that the God I served was bigger than the evil schemes of man.
As September 11 rolls around this year, I am reminded once again that there is a war raging not only a physical war, but a spiritual war. Please, take the time to keep the families and loved ones of all those who lost their lives on 9/11/01 in your thoughts and prayers. Don't forget the many soldiers who are presently serving overseas to protect and defend because "freedom is not free."

... for those of us who lived through these events, the only marker we’ll ever need is the tick of a clock at the 46th minute of the eighth hour of the 11th day. -President George W. Bush
(Picture courtesy of http://www.mnforsustain.org)

No comments: