Monday, July 7, 2008

Best Investment Ever...


***It was brought to my attention today by my cousin Chris, (perhaps this blog's biggest fan) that I haven't been posting near enough. Apparently, he frequents this site quite often through out the day and thinks there should be a constant flow of new updates. Well Chris, this one's for you...
This past weekend I decided to finally buy a laptop. I had been wrestling for quite some time on whether or not to go ahead and do it and finally realized that it would be a good investment. Not knowing a whole lot about computers, I did my research and asked a bunch of my computer savvy friends who all told me the same thing...get a Mac. The thought scared me since I've grown so accustom to using pc's over the years and I decided to take a trip to the nearest Apple store to get a first hand look for myself. Needless to say I was impressed and walked out of the store with a new Mac computer and a huge hole in my pocket.

The purchase has proven to be the greatest thing for Robert and I to communicate during his deployment. Last night we were able to have our first official "video chat" over the computer. It was crazy seeing his face pop up on my screen and to hear his voice come through so clear. I even got a virtual tour of his bedroom and met some of the other soldiers...all over the computer. I'm so easily amused by technology!

For those of you who are looking to communicate with Robert when he heads overseas, video chats may be a good option to consider. Plus, they're free!

1 comment:

Life is Good said...

Great choice on the computer. Thank your husband for his brave service to our country and you for being a supportive wife during that time. I can't imagine how hard the time away is. I pray for our troops everday and will add you and Robert to my list. I a glad you are able to "see" him on the computer. Modern technology is amazing. God bless you and your family.